Demolition Contracts Manager
Function: Site Operations
Location: Manchester / Liverpool
Hours Per Week: 40
Date Posted: 01/12/2020
Closing Date: On-Going
What you'll need?
We are a market leading specialist demolition, recycling & enabling works contractor to the construction industry, working throughout the UK. We work on projects up to a value of £3m. With our business rapidly growing, we are looking for someone to join our team as a Demolition Contracts Manager. In this role, you will provide invaluable support to our Management team, direction to our clients and leadership to our busy onsite teams. This role would be ideal for someone who has 10 +years experience within the construction / demolition industry.
What you'll be doing?
As a Demolition Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for the onsite management of a project, ensuring it is completed within time and budget. You will have direct responsibility of all site staff, ensuring they are motivated and able to complete the task at hand. You will have a clear understanding of the value of the contract and its duration, the client, project expectations and requirements and you will play a key role within our senior management team.
We have a busy workload, often with multiple projects running simultaneously. You will perform an integral role by providing full support to help ensure these projects are executed both on time and within budget. You will have a clear understanding of the value of our contracts and will work closely with the Management team and the client to realise project expectations and requirements.
Suitable professionals will ideally be degree qualified in civil engineering or construction management and will be able to show a strong history from a site engineer level through to management over the last 5-years. This experience should have been gained whilst working for a reputable demolition contractor who undertake technical projects throughout the Northwest and you must hold a CCDO Gold or Black card. Unfortunately, for this opportunity, only professionals who hold a solid background in Demolition can be considered.
The successful Demolition Contracts Manager will:
- Oversee assigned projects, ensuring schedules are followed
- Implementation of all company safety, health, environmental and quality procedures ensuring statutory compliance across all projects
- Ensure all works are carried out under health and safety guidelines.
- Liaise and maintain a good working relationship with Clients, Surveyors, other managers and on-site operatives
- Attend site meetings and progress meetings
- Ensure that the highest standard of work is produced by all employees and sub-contractors.
- Assist other management in the overall planning and supervision of projects.
- Display strong leadership skills
- Up to date on the relevant Health and Safety guidelines, including Construction Design and Management regulations. IT / PC literate
- Monitor site progress and attend regular progress meetings with the clients and oversee payment applications
- Maintain a strong working relationship with clients, company stakeholders
- Inform senior staff of potential risk factors and create suitable Risk Assessments + Method Statements prior to project commencement
- Take ownership of programme and all delivery aspects of the demolition / strip out project
- Oversee the management of all sub-contractors throughout the project
- Travel across multiple sites
- Ensure staff are kept up to date with current legislation and training needs in line with company’s objectives
- Have experience in sub-contractor management.
- SMSTS, First Aid and CSCS is essential.
- Ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion and maturity with people at all levels.
We will offer training but require someone with significant gravitas; energy and excellent interpersonal skills to help us successfully deliver complex projects. You must have good attention to detail, be able to work independently and a proven ability to work to tight
It’s worth considering that Total Demolition Services undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you’re successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. We encourage flexible working wherever possible in your role – and this may allow you to work from home or from one of our other offices/sites, if appropriate.