Demolition Estimator Position
Function: Site Operations
Location: Manchester / Liverpool
Hours Per Week: xx
Date Posted: 01/12/2020
Closing Date: On-Going
What you'll need?
Due to continued growth and a healthy pipeline of work, Total Demolition Services are seeking to recruit permanently for a knowledgeable Estimator who holds vast experience within the demolition sector. As an Estimator, you will report directly to the Director and will be responsible for putting together tenders, project costings and valuations for demolition packages in excess of £1.5M throughout the Northwest.
The ideal candidate must be technically strong, client focused, have the ability to work under pressure and committed to helping the growth of our company by delivering demolition projects on time and within budget, keeping a strong fruitful relationship with both current and potential clients. The ideal candidate would be of smart appearance, self-motivated, hardworking, committed with an existing personal client data base to generate new business for our company.
What you'll be doing?
Successful applicants will be astute, flexible, have good organisational, presentational, leadership and people management skills and also have the ability to take the business forward.
You will have a sound knowledge of the Health and Safety procedures pertaining to Asbestos Regulations and some experience in the Construction Industry would be desirable.
Initial duties will include but may not be limited to the following activities;
- Estimating and preparing the cost of demolition tenders
- Develop the estimate at a level of detail appropriate to the size and complexity of the project
- Providing outline method statements in line with the pricing strategy along with assumptions and clarifications
- Develop initial tender programmes in conjunction with the proposed project team
- Identify potential cost risks and opportunities within tender submissions
- Sourcing supplier and sub-contractor quotations
- Lead the tender submission process, tender preparation and ultimately submit the tender
- Present, discuss and review the tender proposal with the Directors prior to submission.
- Attendance at post tender negotiations and contract reviews
- Liaising with clients, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers and stakeholders
- Post contract commercial
- Strong PC Skills
- Dealing with incoming sales enquiries and developing new enquiries.
- Assessing potential contracts
- Technical ability with the completion of PQQ’s
- Based at our Offices in Manchester or Liverpool
It’s worth considering that Total Demolition Services undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you’re successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. We encourage flexible working wherever possible in your role – and this may allow you to work from home or from one of our other offices/sites, if appropriate.